- Pediatric Podiatry
- Biomechanical Study
The foot is a fundamental element of human anatomy whose proper function is of vital importance for performance. However, care is not always sufficient or correct.
Therefore, to diagnose and treat various conditions that may occur to our feet, Podiatry area offers consultation providing advanced technology and a team with proven experience in dealing with these problems.
Our podiatry services
The Chiropody is the comprehensive treatment of conditions of the foot. Includes the treatment of all diseases associated with nails and skin.
- Onicocriptosis (ingrown toenail).
- Onychogryphosis (thickened nails).
- Onychomycosis (fungal nail infection).
- Rehabilitation nail.
- Cut and nail polishing.
- Dermatomycoses (athlete’s foot, fungi).
- Hyperkeratosis (calluses), helomas (tripe).
- Papillomas (plantar warts)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Anhidrosis (excessive dryness)
We must take special care to children, because are possible in them is possible preventive actions that achieve improved gait and thus avoid future injuries.
The child’s feet are in constant development and change, monitoring the evolution of the feet during childhood is critical. Solving problems in the child’s feet is to prevent feet problems as an adult.
During your child’s development it’s important to note if he/she:
- Has difficulties to start walking.
- Walks with difficulty or oddly shaped (Deal or remove the toes, foot turns inward or outward, limps …)
- Often stumbles and falls.
- He complains of pain in the feet, knees, hips, back … or gets tired easily.
- Presents corns, calluses, blisters or other lesions on the skin and toenails.
We make biomechanical explorations to both children and adults, no matter if they are athletes, amateurs or else … we perform these computerized scans in both dynamic and static ways. Through cutting edge diagnostic systems we can detect any anomalies that may exist on your way to support the foot and that can translate into deformity and pain.
With this detailed information, and reviewing the spine, hip, knee, ankle and foot we can determine the cause of the disease and arrive to the appropriate diagnosis for its most adequate treatment in each case. Once the biochemical problem is diagnosed, we’ll treat it by implementing a custom biomechanics template or brace plant.
Some of these explorations are:
- Visual inspection and palpatory exploration of diverse anatomical structures.
- Goniometrical measures in statics:
- Articular and muscular balance.
- Photopodography and pedigraphy. Analysis of the footprint.
- Gait analysis.
- Request image studies (Rx, CT, MRI, ultrasound…).
Is a branch of orthopedics for the treatment of digital metatarsal forefoot conditions by silicone braces. The recovery of the functionality of the forefoot is a constant in all orthopodologic treatments which aim to achieve pressure synchronization and alignment of the metatarsal heads.
A great variety of materials allow us to perform complex orthotic treatments combining different densities and consistencies getting very acceptable results. We make treatments for bunions, hammertoes, interdigital helomas, deviations of the fingers, hammer fingers…
It deals with the study and treatment of conditions susceptible of being treated by using foot orthotics. It is part of the Podiatry that deals with research, prevention and treatment of diseases and abnormalities of the musculoskeletal system of the feet and that affect support. These abnormalities can cause pain not only at planting, but may hurt any structural part of our body, causing changes at different levels, it is necessary to diagnose and treat effectively to prevent future complications.
After a complete biomechanical examination, both statically and dynamically, and, depending on the pathology, materials and technique employed for making templates will be decided, so that each treatment is performed individually. In our examination room we treat both child and adult foot, flat feet, foot arches, valgus feet, varus feet, metatarsalgia, heel pain and have special treatment for sensitive feet as diabetics, geriatric or rheumatoid foot.